Request For Applications
PhD Trainee and Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
The Wyck Foundation and the Myotonic Dystrophy Foundation partner to solicit applications, conduct peer review and make fellowship and research grant awards to advance therapy development for myotonic dystrophy.
As part of this effort, the partnership funds Ph.D. trainee and postdoctoral research fellowships (similar to a U.S. National Institutes of Health F31 or F32 award) to expand understanding and treatment of myotonic dystrophy. Traineeships and fellowships may be awarded for projects with qualified sponsors in appropriate academic, research institute, or pharmaceutical/biotechnology company environments. Projects may focus on basic, translational and/or clinical research in myotonic dystrophy.
This will be a two-year project with a budget of $52,500 for Ph.D. Trainees or $102,500 for Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- Contracting Officer: John Porter, Ph.D., Chief Science Officer, Myotonic Dystrophy Foundation
- Place of Performance: United States, Canada or international sites that meet eligibility criteria
- Date Issued: April 6, 2017
- Proposals Due: September 1, 2017, 5:00 PM PT
- Notification of Selection: December 15, 2017
- Period of Award: January 1, 2018–December 31, 2019
- Anticipated Overall Award:
- Ph.D. Trainee: $52,500
- Postdoctoral: $102,500
- Number of Awards to be Issued: To be determined, based upon mix of applicant types and available funds