The Community Leadership Awards recognize the outstanding efforts of our volunteers in support of our mission to advance Care and a Cure for people living with myotonic dystrophy. Community members are encouraged to nominate one another and can also nominate themselves. All nominations must be made online via this form.
- Advocacy Champion Award, for the community member with the most outstanding contribution to promoting awareness of DM this year;
- TeamMDF Volunteer Award, for the community member with the most outstanding contribution to ensuring that the people in the best position to help have the knowledge they need to make a difference;
- Humanitarian Award, for the community member with the most outstanding contribution to amassing resources for Care and a Cure.
Requirements & Information
- Thoroughly and accurately complete one nomination form for each award submission. Explain in detail why you think the individual should be recognized.
- Refer to each award description for specific requirements.
- You may email photos or additional information to Paul Formaker, MDF's Program Director, at email@example.com. Supplemental documents are not required and additional points will not be awarded for including them with your submission.
- Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged.
- Individuals may be nominated for more than one category, but the nomination form must be submitted separately for each nomination.
Submissions will close at 5:00 PM PDT on Friday, July 22, 2016. A committee will then review all of the submissions and select the winners based on who best seems to advance our mission of Care and a Cure. MDF will contact the person who submitted the nomination form should we require any additional information to make our selection.
Awards will be presented at the 2016 MDF Annual Conference in Arlington, VA, on Saturday, September 17, 2016.