MDF DM Days are special one-day events that bring together MDF, clinicians and researchers to support the DM patient and family community, share information and resources, and provide close-to-home access to educational sessions. These events offer an opportunity for the community to meet local/regional clinical staff, hear first-hand research updates and learn more about DM disease management. Additionally, these events provide an opportunity to meet nearby community members for networking and support. Information about MDF and its resources will also be shared. These interactive, patient-centered conferences will cover disease information both generally and for specific specialty areas. In addition, speakers will provide research updates, advocacy information and, most of all, hope.
Saturday, June 10, 2017
9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
The Kirkwood Regional Center at the University of Iowa
2301 Oakdale Boulevard
Coralville, Iowa 52241
The one-day conference will feature patient-centered programming from the University of Iowa including:
- A discussion about the genetics of DM
- An overview of brain changes involved in DM
- A research update on the DMCRN biomarkers study and a briefing on the Ionis DMPKRx clinical trial
- A breakout session exploring cardiology, ophthalmology, gastrointestinal issues, palliative care, physical therapy and occupational therapy
- An interactive Ask-The-Experts panel
A light breakfast and lunch will be served.