The MDF Annual Conference is the best place we know of to bring families living with DM together with the most current information available on disease management, and with other people traveling the same road who understand and can provide support and friendship.
New This Year
This year, we're introducing a deep look at current DM research and drug development. Organized by our Chief Scientific Officer Dr. Sharon Hesterlee, the track will feature breakout sessions on a variety of DM research topics, including:
- Early stage drug development efforts described by a panel of scientists from pharmaceutical and biotech companies;
- Updates on research from current MDF post-doctoral Fellows including an exploration of DM GI symptoms using transparent zebrafish that intrigued many of our community members earlier this year; and
- A deep-dive into the comprehensive multi-year drug development effort MDF launched this year, with a specific focus on our myriad research investments from new drug screening efforts to expansion of the clinical research network and new research focusing on DM and women.
This new conference track will be a great opportunity for community members to hear what’s going on in DM research, and to ask questions of industry and research partners and our own resident expert, Sharon.
A Great Resource for Families
The conference will continue to feature:
- General and breakout sessions with leading clinicians and community experts;
- Networking opportunities with other family members and DM professionals; and
- Time to celebrate and have fun.
Attendees will also find advocacy events, added to the conference in 2014 to drive visibility and policymaking, updates on therapy development, and additional programming to make sure the conference is serving as a key resource in driving Care and a Cure for families, researchers, clinicians, industry partners and federal agencies.
Programs for Professionals
MDF is also expanding the workshop, roundtable and networking programming we’ve developed for industry and academic researchers. Building on the success of MDF’s 2014 Science Workshop that reported on the status of endpoint and biomarker development for DM clinical trials, we’ll be convening several working meetings featuring speakers and participants from federal agencies like the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), National Institutes of Health (NIH), the European Medicines Agency (EMA - the European version of the FDA), academic researchers and clinicians, industry research leadership and more.
These meetings will help educate regulators on the true burden and experience of living with DM, community members’ perspectives on the most significant symptoms and disease impacts, and current thinking on the most promising endpoints and biomarkers for clinical trials, in order to accelerate DM drug development and provide more information on clinical trial design. We’ll also host a drug development roundtable, a kick off meeting for our Care Considerations development effort, programming for clinical coordinators from trial and study sites and much more.
All this, coupled with the new Health and Wellness University we’re launching on Friday, and the noontime legislative briefing we’re hosting for members of Congress and community members on Capitol Hill, is designed to ensure that we are delivering the programs and resources needed by all our partners to accelerate Care and a Cure. Click here to see the full agenda for the conference.
Questions? Send us an email or give us a call at 415-800-7777.