MDF is committed to helping advance research and therapies. Efforts include:
- Supporting up-and-coming postdoctoral fellowships to expand the research base;
- Launching and managing the Myotonic Dystrophy Family Registry;
- Investing in target identification and drug screening;
- Supporting a robust clinical research network to increase the efficiency of testing new drug candidates;
- Determining the true prevalence of the DM mutation in the population and documenting the socio-economic burden of the disease.
MDF also offers the following resources for myotonic dystrophy professionals: