A recently published study from Sweden reported impaired facial recognition in people with DM1 and indicated that there are brain differences that affect how faces are perceived and stored by people with DM1.
Join MDF and help make a difference
At MDF, our mission is Care and a Cure: enhancing the quality of life of people living with myotonic dystrophy (DM), and to maximizing research efforts focused on finding treatments and a cure for this disease. But we can't do it alone. Our organization is a collaborative effort among families impacted by DM, the medical community and strategic community partners. Your participation is important!
Take a few minutes to learn about how you can get involved:
- Join TeamMDF and help MDF deliver important community-focused projects and resources
- Join the Myotonic Dystrophy Family Registry
- Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for information and contests only posted on social media
- Join the Community Forum
- Fundraise for MDF
- Make a donation to help us support patients and families and fund critical research and advocacy efforts
- Sign up for the newsletter and email alerts to stay abreast of research, disease and community news and events
- Read the latest news
- View our upcoming events
We appreciate your interest in MDF. Return to the website regularly to learn about our advocacy efforts and future opportunities to get involved.